It is surprising that in a progressive country such as USA, a lady co not be elected to highest office of President?
Asked By: rod1944 (56-60, M) 19 minutes ago
Good Question? (7)
Posted by pukirahe Nov 15th, 2012 at 5:34PM
Women today are making outstanding progress. Hillary Clinton,
Oprah Winfrey, Queen Rania of Jordan… may have greater
influence and earn higher esteem than various presidents.
Women do not take the presidency, partly because they were
oppressed too long, partly because they are not lovers of power.
It is right as Mark Twain said that when the power of love
is mightier than the love of power we will have peace.
For a better and civilized world, we all, men and women,
should try our best to give higher priority to education of
girls. As potential mothers and first teachers of their children,
they will bring out a more perfect human race.
Wishing that with mothers’ love and education we will
have more lasting world peace and progress.
New Addition For This Post
“Thou hearest, O my God, my sighs and my groaning, and beholdest my powerlessness, and my poverty, and my misery, and my woes, and my wretchedness. I swear by Thy might! I have wept with such a weeping that I have been unable to make mention of Thee, or to extol Thee, and cried with such a bitter cry that every mother in her bereavement was bewildered at me, and forgot her own anguish and the sighs she had uttered.”
(Baha’u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha’u'llah, p. 271)
Power of true love
Will triumph over all powers
Securing world peace
- Is Love Everything? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Are You Hungry? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What’s Going On? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What Book Makes You Happy? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Is Love Written in Everyone’s Life? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What Is the Point of Prayer? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What Are You Most Grateful For? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What Is Love to You? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- We All Go to Hell? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- What Is Your Long Term Goal? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)