Beauty Pageants: Helpful or Harmful?
Asked By: Astrangerstill (16-17, F) 34 minutes ago
Good Question? (5)
Posted by pukirahe Nov 17th, 2012 at 5:39PM
Beauty is not in the eyes of beholders,
especially inner beauty.
Such competions cause too much waste
of time, money and labor. Moreover it gives
too much stress on physical attraction, which
is not the true esteem of human beings.
Such efforts should be directed to education
that will create builders of a richer, more peaceful,
more beautiful world.
No beauty queens can be compared to an
educated mother who knows how to educate
New Addition For This Post
“Arise! Put forth a supreme effort, secure some new and heavenly attraction – that this Europe may be set in motion, for it is lamentable that it should be deprived of the heavenly wisdom; lamentable that it knows nothing of the heavenly rays; that is has not the health of the Holy Spirit; that a being of such great beauty should have no soul; that so exquisite a flower should have no scent; that so magnificent a structure should have no light. Do not remain inactive for one moment, perchance you may shed light in this darkness.”
(Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 129)
Completely new world
Showing marvelous beauties
Under divine light
- Transvestite beauty pageant (bigpondnews.com)
- Brazil Holds First Transsexual Beauty Pageant (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Should there be beauty pageants for kids with special needs? (beautyskew.com)
- Parents outraged over kid beauty pageant (wcnc.com)
- Two Things Meaning Most to You? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Beauty in the Eye of Beholder? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- How Has the World Changed? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Application for 2013 Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant Now Open!! (belloibrahim.wordpress.com)
- Application for 2013 Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant Now Open (rewindonnet.wordpress.com)
- First Thing You Check on Ep? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)